We are a group of volunteers co-ordinating a local response to the refugee crisis. Since June 26th 2017 we are Registered Charity Number 1173570.
Our objects[aims] in our governing documents are …
To advance education, relieve financial and social hardship and distress amongst people seeking refuge/ asylum and a place of sanctuary outside the borders of their own countries and to educate the British public, service providers and policy makers about their plight, in particular but not exclusively by:
- A ] Promoting in Hay, Brecon and Talgarth and the surrounding areas the provision of places of respite and sanctuary by visits and/or longer stays for people seeking asylum or refuge and the enjoyment of the peace and recreational facilities of our communities.
- B] Encouraging and supporting local communities, service providers, voluntary and public bodies and faith organisations to participate in the provision of respite and sanctuary, and in general in welcoming and assisting people seeking asylum or refuge.
- C] Providing accurate and up-to-date information to the public, local community, public bodies and elected representatives about the situation of people seeking asylum or refuge and ways of alleviating their distress.
- D] Facilitating and celebrating the contribution of people seeking refuge or asylum to their local communities, and to UK society and culture and challenging hostility and discrimination against them.
- E] Inform, encourage and promote public policies which contribute to the provision of refuge and sanctuary and diminish the distress of people seeking asylum or refuge.